Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bloodwork - April 16th

I am not going to post all of the results of the bloodwork I had done but these are the values that are not in the normal range:

  • RBC: 5.36 (4.00 - 5.10)
  • Lymphocytes: 3.6 (1.0 - 3.5)
  • B12: 191 (198 - 615)
  • TSH: 6.90 (0.35 - 5.00)
  • C-Reactive Protein: 28 (<8)
  • Vitamin D: 38 (75 - 250)
The B12 and Vitamin D deficiencies are ones that I am used to. That level of deficiency in the vitamin D levels is actually good as my last number was 17, so to be at 38 it has gone up a good deal and should go up more during the summer.  B12 is one that I go back and forth with being normal and being low, at one point I even was over treated and had levels that were in the unhealthy range as they were so high! 

The C-Reactive Protein results weren't surprising either as they have been raised the last few times they were tested but my GP just brushes them aside as being inflammation from EDS, even though I try to tell him that EDS does not cause inflammation.

RBC and Lymphocytes being raised I have no clue what they really mean.  Apparently RBC can be raised if you are dehydrated which could make sense as I had to fast for the testing.  I have looked and if you have the flu your lymphocyte levels can be raised. Since it is such a small deviation from normal values and that I have been fighting illness for months now, I imagine these levels aren't too surprising.

The TSH was shocking! But that will be in another post to come, hopefully this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment